Senin, 02 Oktober 2017

Dear Diary ...

Hello everyone ... 

This is my third project in Writing Class. The project is about diary/journal. We have to make diary and then post it on our blog.

diary is a record (originally in handwritten format) with discrete entries arranged by date reporting on what has happened over the course of a day or other period. A personal diary may include a person's experiences, and/or thoughts or feelings, including comments on current events outside the writer's direct experience. Someone who keeps a diary is known as a diarist. Diaries undertaken for institutional purposes play a role in many aspects of human civilization, including government records (e.g. Hansard), business ledgers and military records. In British English, the word may also denote a preprinted journal format. (by Wikipedia)

Nowadays, people writes diary or journal on their laptop/computer, but some of them still write their diary on their book (hand-writing).

This is mine.


         Today was a wonderful day. Having a great time with my new friends of UKM SAFEL. It was an interesting activity. We had inauguration at Taman Pancasila for SAFEL’s new members. I wore my favourite t-shirt although it didn’t match with the concept of the event. Did you know? The dress code was something what you wear when you go to the beach. I didn’t have any idea what I had to wear. When I go to the beach usually around 5 pm and there, the wind blows fast. So, I wear my sweater or sometimes I wear my jacket. But, it would be weird if I wore my sweater at Taman Pancasila when the sun is too hot. That’s why I wore my t-shirt.
          I went to inauguration with my classmate. Her name is Wanda. We went to there around 07:40 am. When we arrived, we went to do reregistration and take a snack. The opening performance was SAFELITE. It is an acoustic group of SAFEL. They sang two songs and we enjoyed it a lot.
          I didn’t have any breakfast, so I ate all the snack of mine (of course) rapidly. I was too hungry (fyi : I am a foodie. I eat too many food). The next agenda was sharing time with the President of SAFEL and all of the head of SAFEL’s Departments. There is five departments of SAFEL. When the head of Public Speaking, Public Relation, and Foreign Languages Training had been sharing their program, they were interrupted. We were announced and decided into 6 groups. Each groups were represented 6 languages that is available in SAFEL.
          Mine was English group and called “Umbrella”. Then we made yel-yel and nickname of ourselves using adjective in English. Mine is Amazing Arum. After that we had three games to do. First, we had to remmember all of our group members with their adjective nickname. Secondly, we had to connect anything that we brought and could make our team had the longest chain. And the last game was guessing game.
          EDSAcoustic was performed and they sang two songs (I don’t know that songs actually). I enjoyed it. After that we continued our sharing time with the head of two departments left. It was HRD (Human Resource Development) and CCU-LM (Cross Cultural Understanding – Learning Media). Next, was awarding to the best costumes, best yel-yel, best gamers, and the most cheerful group.
          That’s all what I did. After the event was done, we took picture of all of us (new members and all the committee) then went home (I mean my boarding-house). After took a bath, I tried to do my assignments. I was too tired and some minutes later I slept. That’s my short story of the day.


That's my first journal (which I post on my blog). You can comment my grammar, it will be good for me. Thanks.

14 komentar:

  1. I like your diary. Very interesting! :)

    BalasHapus
  2. Good job, Arum. Waaa, you mentioned me in your diary!
    *Note : wearing a thick jacket on a hot day? Windi is the answer.

    BalasHapus
  3. Good job Arum.. You seem that you enjoy it too much :)

    BalasHapus
  4. You must be worked really hard yep : '
    nice!

    BalasHapus
  5. Its great, Rum! You enjoy it so much, don't you?

    BalasHapus
  6. Sounds tiringπŸ˜‚
    But you seem to enjoy it so much, good for you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    BalasHapus
  7. Wow, really interesting diary. Btw Arum the sentence "I was too tired and some minutes later I was slept." I don't know, I feel that something is off. I mean "I was slept", it is a passive voice, am I wrong? Maybe it should be "I was sleep" or "I slept" hehe

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. I wanted to say “aku tertidur“. What should I say?

      Hapus